Yes, fighting climate change is something you can do locally. Help plant a tree.
We welcome volunteers! Or have our talented team help you select, order and plant a tree or trees for your yard! That's what we do. Ojai Trees has two planting events coming this fall. It's the perfect time to make a difference in Ojai and the Ventura Watershed.
Some Fun Facts about Trees:
According to the U.S. Forest Service:
- Trees in Los Angeles remove nearly 2,000 tons of air pollution each year
- Roadside trees reduce nearby indoor air pollution by more than 50% an
- Forested watersheds provide quality drinking water to more than 180 million Americans.
According to the European Environment Agency:
- A mature tree will absorb more than 48 pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere annually and release oxygen in exchange.
According to the U.S. EPA:
-Trees lower surface and air temperatures by providing shade. Shaded surfaces may be 20–45°F cooler than the peak temperatures of unshaded materials.
According to Energy.gov:
- Carefully positioned trees can reduce a household’s energy consumption for heating and cooling by up to 25%. Computer models devised by the U.S. Department of Energy predict that the proper placement of only three trees can save an average household between $100 and $250 in energy costs annually.
Read more fun facts here
Ojai Trees Fall Planting Dates: October 26 and November 23
go to ojaitrees.org to request a tree or find out more